- This event has passed.
Sustainable tourism and SDG´s
apríl 3, 2019@ 2:00 e.h. - 5:00 e.h.
Post Event Workshop
Tourism is one of the largest industries in the world, representing 10% of global GDP, 30% of exports, and creates one of every ten jobs in the world. It has the potential to contribute both directly and indirectly to all Sustainable Development Goals and impact the well being of all people in the community. In this workshop, we will examine the correlation between tourism social progress and share practical examples that can be applied in communities in Iceland and around the world through the lenses of five core areas:
1) sustainable economic growth in the age of exponential tech
2) social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction
3) resource efficiency, environmental protection and climate
4) cultural values, diversity and heritage
5) mutual understanding, peace and security
Special supporters of this post-summit event are:
The University of Iceland,
Iceland Tourism Cluster Initiative
INCAE Business School Costa Rica